Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ancient Mountains of Home

I was born in the heart of Appalachia, the first child of a hard-working, blue collar family whose ancestors first homesteaded land in those ancient mountains in the late 1700s.

No matter where life has taken me, I steadfastly "heart" Appalachia, it's people, music and culture. And though I have been happy everywhere I've lived outside of Appalachia, a part of me will always yearn for the mountains of home and the amazing view that might be just around the next bend of a winding mountain road.


This blog will often be about my memories of growing up in Appalachia, as well as the Appalachia of today and tomorrow. However, it will also be my little self-indulgence, so I plan to write about anything that I find to be "share-worthy." In the meantime, here are some photos my family's Appalachian farm:






1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've just begun this blog. I hope you keep it up! We need more writers expounding on what it means to be Appalachian and the deep roots the people of this region have grown here.

    ReplyDelete